Friday, November 11, 2011

Bubble Bath



Let me rest, close my eyes, and drift away.
I will go where diapers are never found,
Where no one spills juice as they run and play,
And no cracker crumbs spread all around.

This bubble bath soothes both body and mind,
Taking me from the chaos toddlers bring.
When I step out of this tub I will find,
Renewed strength to rock my children and sing.

As I look down at the rubber ducky,
And the puddles all over the floor,
I am reminded that I am lucky.
I have a family worth living for.

I needed this time to relax and reflect,
And let my tensions go and be relieved.
Now I’ll return to them and reconnect.
I’m given more love than I can receive.

8 comments:

  1. giving is loving,

    charming sentiments.
    you deserve a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning,
    This was written with my daughter in mind. I have moved to grandma status! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so heart-warming and altruistic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hot bath seems like the best way to ease daily tensions. The mention of- I will go where diapers are never found - is great. I enjoyed this one.
    Very nice,
    Isadora
    http://insidethemindofisadora.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/could-love-find-her-again/

    ReplyDelete