Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Zest

when I was young, I didn’t think

I acted knowing I couldn’t die

so sure of myself, brimming

with confidence I moved

sometimes in the wrong direction

ruled by whims and emotions

my heart won over my head

yet I had all the answers

or so I thought

until one day I awoke

to find I’d grown old

and understood

I did not

now I have questions

but no solid answers

none that satisfy

nothing I can point to

or say this is so

and I can prove it

I do think these days

I wonder about everything

I know life is fragile

fleeting

almost gone

that is why I know

these moments are precious

so I will live out

my remaining years

with unstoppable

        ZEST

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. I agree it's important to live life to the max. Love your poem.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat poem and so true.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words well written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wisdom of the ages!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. life is a process of learning and improving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's good to live life with zest and not with depression

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep hoping. bless your days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stay upbeat.
    bless your 2013.

    ReplyDelete