Friday, September 7, 2012

Pumpkin Trees


If pumpkins hung on the trees each fall,

It’d be more colorful after all,

And when we looked up at God’s blue sky,

We would always think of pumpkin pie.

 

When the leaves fall off it is time to rake,

And pick up pumpkins to make a cake,

For the pumpkins will drop to the ground.

Don’t stand below as they fall down.

 

It would be an unpleasant event,

If a pumpkin caused your head to dent.

Give the falling pumpkins a wide berth,

Then gather them up for all your worth.

 

 

In spring we could tap the pumpkin trees,

And make pumpkin syrup if we please.

We’d pour it on flapjacks and French toast.

Drizzled on ice cream we’d love it most.

 

This is without a doubt a sweet dream,

Because pumpkin trees I’ve never seen.

I don’t know why this dream cannot be,

And why pumpkins cannot grow on trees.




 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. very nice! I have nade ice cream from pumpkins- try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful fall images...

    colorful humor is the best.
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. orange tree or pumpkin tree, they are all great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like an orange tree to me, too, Demi. Bing free images listed it as a 'pumpkin tree'. Oh well, I tried. The other photos were even goofier.

    ReplyDelete