Monday, June 11, 2012

The Narrow Road


Cloudy days obliterated my view,

 Along with doubts, fears, and frustrations, too.

Then winds of change came to blow them away.

I can see clearly now in this bright new day.



Clarity shows the path my feet must trod,

Leading this weary traveler to God.

Each step I take moves me in His direction,

If I’ll walk by faith, without defection.



This road is not easy or all would come.

If all saw clearly, they’d see it leads home.

Though it is narrow, steep, and filled with stones,

Those who walk it find they’re never alone.



When I feel as though I just can’t go on,

I’ll rest on my journey and wait for dawn.

I’ll know where I’ll go after I’ve gone to sleep,

And trust I’ll arrive there my soul to keep.



8 comments:

  1. I live on northshore of Mass, so I love the 'mug up'.....poetry was so well-written....what could have been a depressing theme turned out comforting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having faith and hope is what keeps so many of us going, isn't it. Yours shines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you weave your words and produce a path of gold

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belva, you outdid yourself with this poem. I love it and the picture is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moments of clarity are jewels in the night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayerful...I like this:


    Clarity shows the path my feet must trod,

    Leading this weary traveler to God.

    So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete