I have been working on my second book again today. Every day when my oldest grandchildren come to visit, in the afternoon, the first thing they ask when they come through the door is: Did you write anymore today? If I answer, yes, they want to read whatever I've written right away. This holds true for my daughter and even for my husband, who is usually a non-reader. As I watched my daughter reading what I had written today, I saw tears streaming down her cheeks. Then I watched my husband read it and noticed that he, too, became choked up. Yay! That's the reaction I was looking for!
Yesterday, one of my grandchildren informed me that I needed to keep writing even at night. I told him that I needed to relax in the evening. He said: You can relax on Sunday! What a little slave driver!
No comments:
Post a Comment